Fresh Thinking Coaching® is a registered training institution with Coaching and Mentors of South Africa (COMENSA) and subscribes to the International Coaching Federation Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics adopted by COMENSA. In addition, coaches who are trained to qualify as coaches through Fresh Thinking Coaching® are asked to join with our facilitators, staff and associates in subscribing to the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics adopted by COMENSA.
All coaches, fellows, associates, and licensees of Fresh Thinking Coaching® must agree to follow this Code of Professional Conduct:
- Always conduct themselves to the highest level of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the absolute right of the client's confidentiality, except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the client's needs.
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that they know to be confidential or misleading, or where the accuracy is beyond their competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of Fresh Thinking Coaching® to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of such parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the profession in general and Fresh Thinking Coaching® in particular.